BELGRANO NEIGHBORHOOD - BUENOS AIRES
Belgrano is a distinguished residential district. It was named after Manuel Belgrano, one of Argentina´s forefathers. There are many shops in this area as well as restaurants green open spaces and places of arquitectural interest.
The "Barrancas de Belgrano" is one of the most prominent places of the district. Set on the former slopes of the river bank it was designed by landscape artist Carlos Thays, creator of the Botanical Gardens.
The original town of Belgrano was inhabited by families closely related of linked to the ruling class of Argentina. Therefore, you will find important mansions, embassies, and petit - hotels. Unfortunately from the 80´sonwards, most of these have given way to high rise residential buildings.
Manuel Belgrano Square: Juramento Avenue and Vuelta de Obligado Street. In this square located in the heart of the Belgrano area you will find a handicrafts market on weekends from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., as well as street artist and performers.
Spanish Art Museum Enrique Larreta: 2291 Juramento Avenue. Gothic, Barroque and renaissance art is exhibited here.
Casa del Argel: 1919 Cuba Street. This is the house where Frenchman Carlos Delcasse, promoter of the art of fencing, lived. It is a two storey Norman style house.
Beneath the bay window there was a female figure which seemed an angel which led to its being named Casa del Angel (Angel´s house). The mansion was visited by some of the most important Argentine politicins of testertear such as Lisandro de la Torre, Juan Domingo Perón, y Alfredo Palacios.
In 1954, writer Beatriz Guido, published her first novel "La Casa del Angel". Leopoldo Torre Nilson was well known for the film based on this book. Many scenes form the film were shot in the original "Casa del Angel". The figure of the angel is exhibited at the city museum. Currently there is a mini - mall by the same name where the Casa del Angel stood.
Church of the Inmaculada Concepción: 2042 Vuelta de Obligado Street. It is popularly known as "La Redonda" due to its circular shape. this temple, built in 1878, was designed by the Genovese architects Nicolás and José Canale and helped by Antonio Burchiazzo. The Church, of clear italian influence, preserves a classic Greek-Roman Style. There are outstanding works of art inside the temple such as the Crucified Christ, the high altar which is supported by two onyx columns and on its fromt is a replica of Leonardo da Vinci´s masterpiece "The Last Supper". The circular building resembles Agripa´s pantheon in Italy.
DAY 2 - Traditional City Tour, visiting the best of Buenos Aires: La Boca, San Telmo, 9 de Julio Avenue and the Obelisk, Colon Theatre, The Congress, The Governor House called "Casa Rosada", Puerto Madero, La Recoleta...
DAY 3 - Excursion to a traditional "Estancia" or farm in the Pampas. Meals and Activities included. This excursion is usually called "Fiesta Gaucha"
- Transfer to airport
RIPIO TURISMO - Incoming
Tour Operator Argentina & Chile- Leg. 10.687 Secretaría de
Turismo de la Nación Argentina.